Friday, November 16, 2007

Happy, Happy, Happy Anniversary

Today Dan and I celebrate our six year wedding anniversary. Seems crazy to have been six years already. We had a stellar day of celebration. We were able to attend the temple and then treat ourselves to a fancy, schmancy dinner. It was so wonderful to have an adult conversation without interruption! What a blessing to have each other and to also be blessed with two beautiful children. Our lives are definitely rich. I remember a particular stake conference when I was still in the student ward. President Batty was speaking about his wife and how he loved her more than he did on their wedding day. I can totally relate. I love Dan more and more each day. He still treats me like gold and, most importantly, he can still make me laugh so hard that I feel my stomach will explode. He is the best.

Here is a picture from our first date. We had met once before and barely knew each other. I asked him to a girl's choice institute dance on a whim. It was the most fun I had ever had on a date.
Here are a couple pictures from our wedding at the Bountiful Temple. It was the most gorgeous day.




Isn't this the coolest? We saw this car as we were walking through the parking lot to our car. (The license plate says "JAN-DAN"). We knew it was meant to be. :)



3 comments:

Jen Petty said...

Hey, Happy belated sixth anniversary! It sounds like things are going well for the two of you. I was glad to find your blog and catch up. Eric's and mine is http://www.jenericpetty.blogspot.com Good luck and here's to another 6 years and more!

wendyberd said...

happy anniversary!!!
i think i might have taken that picture from the institute dance - or i was there with you - ah...the good times from USU.

:)
-w

Nells-Bells said...

Wendy,
You did take that picture! You were there with us at the dance. So fun! Good times, good times...:)