Thursday, October 1, 2009

birthday hopes and caviar dreams

With my birthday in exactly twenty some-odd days (I'm trying to hang on to my twenties for as long as I can??), there are many things popping up on my wish list. Hopefully D will pick up on these demands...er, I mean wishes and whip up a great way for me to ring in my thirties (no pressure...sob, sob). There are a couple of things I know won't be possible right now (a ticket to London, U2 concert tickets) or totally impossible, but definitely two things I will keep wishing for.
SO you all were clued in previously about a couple things I'm already excited about. First one being the Beatles Rockband. We will see if it ends up under my pillow pretty soon. But I'm also so excited about Pioneer Woman's new cookbook, which happens to be released on Julia Robert's birthday. The only reason for me knowing this is because it is right before mine. I take note of other cool people whose birthdays are celebrated in October. :)
I have added a few more things to my list:

1. Rocketdog shoes are a favorite brand of mine. They are super comfy and cute. They are good "mom" shoes. I have a pair of boots that I've had for three years. They are pretty abused. SO I'm thinking it is a good time of year to invest in a new pair of Rocketdogs.
2. Paramore is one of my top 5 bands. They just released a new album and I would love to get my hands on that.
3. It's no secret that U2 is my top all-time favorite band. I'm still trying to convince the hubby that we need our next boy child to be named after Bono. I will need to work on my argument because he is still not very convinced. Anywho. My favorite U2 album has to be The Unforgettable Fire, which has recently been remastered and will be released October 27...just in time for my berfday. ;)
So here's to turning 30 and taking on a new chapter of life...but I wish it wasn't so soon.

No comments: