Friday, June 5, 2009

book review

Need a good book? May I highly recommend my current read. I haven't finished it yet and am already highly recommending it. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Very clever in that the whole book are letters. I almost feel like I'm being invited to view the intimate side of a person I don't even know. It takes place after the second World War, in the year of 1946. A young author, by the name of Juliet Ashton, is in search of ideas for a new book. An unexpected letter shows up in the post from a man living on the island of Guernsey (did you know this English island exists??). I cannot put it down and just started it yesterday. Will let you know how it ends. ;)

3 comments:

Annie said...

I liked this one, too. I love a good, immersing read (+ WWII + in England = can't go wrong)

Ryan and Kaeli said...

Sounds fab Janelle! I am reading The Book Thief right now. Ever read it? I just started it too and so far I really like it. Yours sounds like a good read...I will add that to my list!

Whitney B. Balls said...

I love visiting your blog for all the book recommendations, both children and adult books. Thank you I was wanting a good summer read. Also I loved the pictures of your time in Hawaii. It looked like Paradise. You are one cute lady!