Sunday, November 30, 2008

happy hubby

Please don't laugh too hard. I mean it. Stop laughing. This picture was taken ten years ago. TEN. But who's counting? Really. This was the first picture ever taken of my hubby and I. This was a girl's choice dance at the institute. I had actually asked another guy, Mike, who already had a date. I was supposed to be going with a big group of friends and didn't know who else to ask. Mike was a part of our big group of friends and so that is why he was my first choice. Then, I remembered this guy who Mike had introduced me to at church the week before. I asked Mike for his number (is it tacky to ask the guy who said no, for another guy's number?) and called him up. Needless to say, he was not expecting to hear from me let alone be asked to accompany me to a dance. I'm just grateful...eternally grateful he said yes. We had so much fun that night. It was memorable. It was a whirlwind. It was the start to many of the best nights, of my life, to come. Honestly, he had me laughing so hard that I almost peed my pants...several times. Almost being the key word. So I guess you could say he had me at hello. And he had me at, "Don't pee your pants."

He has always been able to make me laugh. We have such a good time together and I love him for it. Thanks for being 29 with me. Thanks for always being such a wonderful husband and a father. Thanks for giving me two of the most beautiful children on the planet. Thank you for knowing me better than I do. Thank you for pushing me to reach my full potential. I love you. Happy birthday.

3 comments:

Erik A. said...

aren't you glad that mike already had a date?

Nells-Bells said...

i know! i am...very, very glad.

Brittany and Adam said...

That picture is great! I just love it.