Wednesday, June 30, 2010

celebration

Recently we celebrated a birthday.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We started out the day with a made-to-order breakfast, opened presents, frosted cupcakes for his preschool summer camp class, picked up food and cake for the party, waterslide with cousins at great-grammy's, dinner and cake and ice cream and more presents.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I am still trying to wrap my mind around the idea that this kid will be starting kindergarten in the fall. I am also trying to wrap my mind around the fact that he will be going to the same elementary school my siblings and I attended. It is all weirding me out.

We also have another cause for celebration around here. This girl is now potty-trained:
Photobucket
Photobucket
She has been doing considerably well and very few accidents to report. We are so proud of her and her need for independence, which I think was the main drive for her to start using the potty. She is very much that way. She also was very much in love with her new backpack:
Photobucket
She took to wearing it around all the time. I wish I could've recorded our conversation to her on why it wasn't appropriate for her to wear it to church. She will be starting preschool in the fall.

Where does the time go??

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Hooray!!!!! So glad to hear that she is potty trained! it was truly a highlight for us when each one of the kiddies finally passed that milestone. and the sheer joy of not having to buy diapers is priceless!!!!!

Happy Birthday to the eldest maple leaf as well! Hard to believe he's 5!!! Looks like he had a great day!!!

Caitlyn said...

Wow! What big milestones. Great pictures-Thanks for sharing.

dayna said...

aw, look at that handsome boy! and oh what a cake! I am sure he loved it. I love Naomi's little attitude face...hee hee, these girls crack me up! can't believe she will be in preschool! I hadn't even thought about it for emme yet! hope all is well.