Friday, June 4, 2010

fanatical friday

If yesterday happened like it was supposed to I would be able to tell you that I had one of the best nights of my life last night. I would be able to tell you I was closer to Bono last night than I have ever been in my life. I would be able to tell you I almost fainted straightaway when I saw him but did actually pee my pants a bit from the excitement. I would be able to tell you that I sang at the top of my lungs to every song and I can barely speak above a whisper this morning. I would be able to tell you that when my favorite song was played I was overcome with emotion and had to pinch myself for fear I could possibly be dreaming. I could tell you that Bono picked me out of the crowd and sang to me and even held my hand while he danced with me. I could tell you that but I would most likely be fantasizing. Ha! I could tell you I will never, ever forget last night for as long as my memory holds up and before dementia sets in. In fact, I can tell you I will never forget last night because it didn't happen. Bono is broken and my night of bliss must wait until...would you believe...NEXT YEAR!!!! So I guess today is more of a lament than an actual fanatical feeling of Friday.

Dear Paul or Bono...can I call you Paul? Okay. Mr. Bono, please oh please do not ever do this to me again. I know it wasn't your fault. It never is, right? You are perfect but unfortunately your back isn't. Get well, rest up and prepare for an all-nighter with yours truly because that is what I expect. That is what I have come to expect and you have never failed me. Well, except for last night. But I won't hold that against you. I never could be mad at you or have hard feelings toward you. FYI. Yours forever, in the world of U2 and always, Nell-O

2 comments:

emandtrev said...

This breaks my heart! I am happy, however, that they will make it back when Bono is feeling better!

Brittney said...

i'm sad for you, sure, but i am laughing my FACE off about this:
"Dear Paul or Bono...can I call you Paul?" soooo funny.