Friday, February 27, 2009

U2 countdown

Do you remember the first time you saw Rattle and Hum? I do. I was 14 and in the basement at my house, in the dark, so wrapped up in the movie that I cried when it was over. Literally cried. I did the same after I saw them for the first time back in September of 2001. I bawled like a baby.

If you are one of those unlucky ones who have not yet partaken of the manna that is U2, you are seriously missing out. Go. Right now. You can always come back to this post. Rent Rattle and Hum. Get comfy. Make sure all is quiet and partake. You will not be disappointed. I promise.

So to continue my U2 faves countdown (album release party next week!!), I have to post this from Rattle and Hum. The first three bass notes immediately give way to this passionate piece. Always recognizable. Always tugging at the heart strings. The agony! I especially love when Bono walks out on to the stage, hair pulled back, leather vest, and comes to the microphone like he's about to make-out with it. Sigh...

1 comment:

Sean and Kyla said...

oh, seriously. this song gets me every time. gotta love it. and I'm so glad you feel passionately about their music too. If I'm ever alone and a song like this one comes on, can't help but feel moved. love it, and love the new album ; )