Sunday, January 4, 2009

masterpiece classics

Usually, Miss Nemesis beats me to the punch on this one. But, since she hasn't posted yet about it, I thought I may.

Looking for something to sink your teeth in to that doesn't involve vampires? Masterpiece Classics will have an amazing new season that I am very much looking forward to. Tonight was the premiere of Tess of the d'Ubervilles. The first episode can still be seen online. To be honest, I had never read this story and so it is great to watch it played out on TV. Makes me want to read it. Doesn't hurt that the actors who portray Alec and Angel are easy on the eyes.




Wuthering Heights will be featured, as well as the tales of Charles Dickens. This season it is hosted by Laura Linney. Have you seen the John Adams miniseries that was featured on HBO? She plays Abigail Adams and is excellent. The whole series is worth watching. Everyone should see it.


I am not sure how this version of Wuthering Heights will compare to the only one I have seen. Maybe I should expand my horizons but Laurence Olivier was amazing, intense, passionate. Also, very easy on the eyes. That eyebrow! Those eyes. That stare. Sigh.

1 comment:

Valeri said...

I LOVE Laurence Olivier! He played Mr. Darcy in a 1939 version of Pride and Prejudice. I believe that's the year it came out. You should check it out.