Thursday, October 30, 2008

must-watch halloween dvds


Halloween is my favorite holiday! It truly is. Of all time. I think it is due in large part to my birthday being two days before. But I just love this time of year all together, which I have mentioned already.
I always loved going out trick-or-treating and then returning home to hot cocoa and fun Halloween shows on T.V. Yes, T.V.!! Nowadays, they show The Great Pumpkin about three days before Halloween. Why? Well, because if your favorite show comes on the same night, then the network will get too many phone calls as to why The Great Pumpkin was on instead of their favorite show. Therefore, the networks have given up and will not interfere with other scheduled shows. Luckily, when I was a kid, this was not the case.
Here are a few of my favorites from my childhood and also one more recent addition.



Plus, it is fun to show these to my kids and carry on the same tradition and fun holiday memories. A favorite right now at our house is The Great Pumpkin. My son has requested to watch this for the past few days. And it has been great to watch it with him. :)

What are your favorites?


1 comment:

Rebekah said...

It's my favorite holiday too!!! In fact we watched Ichabod and Mr. Toad last night! How fun!!!!