Friday, April 2, 2010

fanatical friday

A favorite memory from childhood are the sleepovers we would have at my grandparent's house. We would often go just as siblings but sometimes we were allowed to invite friends. We would have a blast playing games, eating snacks my grandma prepared and just hanging out. But the best part of the whole sleepover was breakfast. My grandma would always make us breakfast and usually it was Swedish Hotcakes. It is very similar to a crepe...just thicker. She would have a plate full waiting for us. We would top them with melted butter and powdered sugar, roll them up and chow down! Even my friends remember and often ask about those Hotcakes.

So now I love making them for my kids and hope to make some great memories for them as well.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I am not breaking a secret family trust by posting the recipe here. But just know these are sacred and should be treated as such. ;) Enjoy!!

Grammy's Swedish Hotcakes
  • 6 eggs
  • 2 1/2 C milk
  • 1 1/2 C flour
  • 2 T sugar
  • 1 t salt
Blend together until creamy. Pour over hot griddle and flip before browning too much.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

mmmm! those look yum!! I'm gonna have to try this! Thanks for sharing it!

Kimi said...

Jeff and I make these all the time! Thank heavens for Grammy introducing them to us!