Tuesday, December 11, 2007

London

Now that my sister and her family have safely arrived in London, I'm trying to plan a time when I can go for a visit. England has always been a favored destination and unfortunately, in my 27 years of life, I have not yet set foot there. Of course, that doesn't mean I never had the opportunity to go. Would you believe, since I still don't believe it myself, that I was offered the chance to go and I turned it down!??! 'Tis true. I turned down the chance to walk the markets of Notting Hill, see the Buckingham Palace, eat authentic fish and chips with malt vinegar, visit Liverpool and walk across Abbey Road. Why? Honestly, I ask myself that question now and then (if we are being honest, it is more like everyday). Answer: dumb, naive and homesick. Or just lame, lame and lame. Yup...I think that pretty much sums it up.

3 comments:

dayna said...

ooh, can I come too?! you will LOVE it there. So fun, and SO expensive. I really hope our military life takes us there someday!

Nells-Bells said...

"Can you just see us, bashing around London?" (I had to quote Laurie from Little Women...couldn't help it). Would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to go to England with you. Would you take me to Belgium after? We could just hop a plane and continue the fun.

Erik A. said...

Why did you turn down a London trip? We should plan a family trip soon.