Wednesday, August 24, 2011

first day

Success!
The first day of first grade was a success! Mase had tons of fun and had so much to tell me after his first day at school. He loves his teacher and even knew a couple of kids in his class. That really put him at ease. He was so excited to wear his new outfit, shoes and take his new backpack and lunch box to school:

Photobucket

Omi wanted to get in on the picture action:

Photobucket

She missed Mase so much today. She even cried at the school when we dropped him off. I think it was also partly because she wants to be a big kid like Mase and go to big kid school as well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I must mention that my two sisters had Ms. Anderson when they were in elementary school. How cool is it that we have come full circle? I'm so grateful she still enjoys teaching. We are lucky to have her!

Photobucket

Omi's sadness crept in at this point. She was not happy to be leaving Mase at school and her not be included. Her day will come and I'm afraid it will be too soon! Ugh. I keep telling them to stop growing but they just. don't. listen.

Photobucket

Of course, these were waiting for Mase when he came in the door:

Photobucket

This was something my mom always had waiting for us after our first day of school. This is a tradition I don't want stop. Besides, I needed a couple after a big day like today.

And....
guess who got invited to Taco Thursday?? As in tomorrow, Thursday?!?
Here's to hoping those tacos taste as good as they did when I was 8.  

1 comment:

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

He's getting so big! So glad he had a good day at school. Omi has the saddest look on her face in the pic of you and Mace at school. It's hard when siblings go off to school! Maggie starts kindergarten next week but Daisey and Isaac started school on Thursday and it's killing little Mags! It's going to be a long week!