Friday, August 19, 2011

fanatical friday

Not sure why but these two music videos popped in my head today. I like Elton John. I like these songs. But the fact that he used Robert Downey Jr. (pre Iron Man and giant Hollywood comeback) and Justin Timberlake to star in the videos was a bold, smart choice. Of course, I would much rather look at these two than Elton John. That goes without saying. Looks like he realized that too and decided to use the same format for these two videos (i.e. hire a handsome, young actor to play me and sing my song in a music video = pure genius). It's too bad he stopped. I wonder who was next on his list.
 
It's also kind of fun that Paul Reubens (Pee Wee Herman) has a small part. See if you can
spot him next to JT.
Enjoy.


1 comment:

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Ooh! I love me some Robert Downey Jr! And I laughed so hard at Justin Timberlake! Awesome! Thanks for sharing!