Thursday, January 28, 2010

duck pond

One of our favorite things in the summer is to feed the ducks. There is a great pond right at the mouth of the canyon which is never short on geese and ducks. There is always a great supply! But we have never really thought about doing it in the winter until recently. I had never seen so many geese and ducks co-existing in one small area.

The stampede:
Duck pond
I doubt these fowl are underfed. But still, they came-a-charging as soon as they heard the soft unfolding of the bread bag.

No need to beg! Plenty for all!
Duck pond

Surrounded.
Photobucket

"Um...so where's, um, my bread? I really would like some soft, white, sugary bread. Like. Now."
Photobucket

He and I bonded quickly. I sensed he knew I married a fellow Canuck.
Photobucket

"So are they out of bread? How long do we have to peck at this snow before they throw some more?"
Photobucket

Photobucket

Converging.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Nan said...

What fun! That brings back such memories. I haven't fed the ducks since I had little kiddos at home.