Wednesday, February 15, 2012

sugar cookies that i like

I was never a huge fan of sugar cookies except for the ones my grandma would make. She pretty much ruined every other sugar cookie I have tried since. I honestly cannot find a recipe that competes with this one. I realize every human in this world has some sort of sugar cookie recipe. 
But truly, you will throw them away once you have tried this one. 
It is the best. I am Nell-O and I stand by this message. 
Photobucket

The Best Sugar Cookies in the World
(Italics added for effect)
  • 1 C butter (I didn't say these were healthy by any means)
  • 1 1/2 C sugar 
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1/2 t baking soda
  • 1 T almond flavoring (this is the magic right here)
  • 2 T vanilla
  • 4 1/2 C flour (I usually add a titch more since the altitude here is elevated)
  1. Beat sugar, eggs and butter until fluffy. (I use my KitchenAid and they aren't paying me to say that...but they should). 
  2. Add rest of the ingredients and beat until mixed.
  3. Lay out a piece of SaranWrap (not paying me either) and half the dough. Lay one half on the SaranWrap and carefully roll out. 
  4. Wrap and place in the fridge. Repeat with other half.
  5. Best left for 4 hours (or overnight which I find is easiest).
  6. Roll out to a 1/4 inch thick. Cut into shapes and bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes.
Frosting

  • 1/2 C butter, softened (like I said, no calorie cutting with this recipe)
  • Half and Half or Cream (or I use whole milk)
  • 3 1/2 C powdered sugar
  • Almond flavoring to taste (like I said, magic)
Mix, frost and enjoy!

No comments: