Tuesday, February 2, 2010

u.k.

In anticipation for my trip to Mother England (did you catch my hint in the Bright Star post??), I have been having fun checking out all the cool places I get to go and all the cool sights. With so much history in one little country, I will definitely not be able to see and do it all in one trip. But here are a few highlights I am looking forward to, as well as seeing family and friends:
  • Abbey Road/Abbey Road Studios
  • Churchill War Museum
  • Tate Modern, National Gallery, Tate Britain
  • Trafalgar Square
  • Harrods
  • Buckingham Palace
  • Oxford
  • J.M. Barrie's house
  • Sherlock Holmes Museum

While in Oxford, my friends are going to take me here:

It is a beautiful palace and also the birthplace of Winston Churchill. The town it is located in is very Cotswold-ish, very old school. Then my sis and I will be going here: This is the house where Jane Austen lived with her sister and mother, for the last eight years of her life. She is also buried in the church nearby. I get so giddy just thinking about this! How much I have loved her novels and to think I get to actually see where she lived; walk the same sidewalks; see the same sights. Overjoyed barely describes what I will exhibit while there.

I may also have to look Christian Bale up because I am sure he will be very disappointed if I come all the way to England and not even stop by for a visit. ;) Also, I am much looking forward to eating real fish and chips, walking the streets of London and catching a show on the West End. I couldn't do all of this in just my normal walking shoes either. I realized I would need something sturdy, warm and comfortable for my trek. So here is my favorite purchase of the year, thus far:

Would you believe these are Merrell's? Super comfy, warm and chic. I have been having fun wearing them around here to break them in. I love how tall they are and great I look in them. I can easily wear them with jeans or with a great skirt.

Now, in terms of packing, I am definitely in for a challenge...

1 comment:

Caitlyn said...

I am so excited for you! We did some of those things while in London, but your list looks even more comprehensive. Way to go! Enjoy visiting with everyone and seeing everything.